Tax is an unwanted but necessary part of running any business. At Jim Lyons Accounting, we can help to ease the strain. If you struggle to fill in your tax returns, want to ensure your business is safe from tax enquiries or you simply want to see if you can reduce the amount of tax you pay, we’re on hand to assist you with your self-assessment tax return.
Reasons why you may have to fill in a tax return
- You’re either self-employed or a partner within a partnership
- You’re the director of a company
- You have a large investment income or savings
- You let either land or property
- Your household income is in excess of £50,000 and you receive Child Benefit
- Your income comes from overseas
- You’ve given away or sold assets, such as shares or holiday homes
- You aren’t domiciled in the UK or you’ve worked or lived abroad
It’s important to remember that in order to make sure you’re paying the right amount of tax, you need to consult a professional. This is because HM Revenue & Customs simply don’t advise people on the most efficient way to organise their affairs and minimise the amount of tax they have to pay.
Professional self-assessment tax return services
With almost 1 million people every year receiving a fine for failing to return their self-assessment tax return and one in four tax returns incorrectly calculated, it’s well worth hiring the professionals. Our self-assessment tax return service includes:
- Dealing with potentially complicated tax affairs, such as pensions, expenses, benefits and employment income
- We’ll also deal with investments, capital gains and even your let property
- The completion of your tax return, as well as all necessary schedules
- We’ll accurately calculate your tax position
- File your tax return online to HM Revenue and Customs
- Send you a full copy of your tax return with explanatory notes
- Deal with HMRC on your behalf and answer all your questions and tax queries
For more information about our self-assessment tax return services, call us on 01535 605247 or contact us online today.